- This event has passed.
Glenn Stewart Stage 1 Clinic in Pemberton, BC
July 21 @ 8:00 am - July 23 @ 5:00 pm
5 Spots Left!
Come enjoy beautiful Pemberton, a 30 minute drive from Whistler or 2 hrs from Vancouver on the expanded and scenic Sea to Sky highway!
Contact Clinic Host – Lena Martin
$650 Participant (3 days with your horse)
This will be a small clinic for more one on one time with Glenn, thanks to our sponsors.
Boarding and Camping Available on site
$30 day Audit/ Spectator
$75 3-day advance ticket
**This is a Stage I Clinic – Mostly groundwork with the possibility of riding education on the third day. No Stallions or Un-started horses permitted or participants under the age of 16 without pre-approval by The Horse Ranch. This clinic is suitable for all levels of riders and all disciplines.
Stage 1 Clinic Description
Go Way Beyond Riding …being able to read horses is one of the greatest skills a horseman can have. It tells you what approach you need to take and helps you resolve problems quickly. Stage 1 is where a positive balance of trust and respect is created, eliminating many common problems and safety issues. The Stage 1 Clinic will help you develop an understanding of how to achieve respect and safety. You’ll learn how to use ground and riding exercises that horses use to play with one another, break down the prey-predator relationship, and create a language with which to communicate and teach your horse things on the ground you want him to understand when you are on his back.
Learn the little things that mean so much to the horse, from how you approach him, how you handle your halter and put it on, the quality (or lack of!) your touch, where you hold the lead rope, easy ways to saddle that are effective and inoffensive. Because we are working with horses, each and every course will be slightly different, and sometimes excellent learning opportunities present themselves, unique to the group of people and horses. We will also be developing powerful strategies for building confidence and overcoming fear in both the horse and rider.
When you have Stage 1 Savvy – which is what we will be working towards in the clinic:
• Your horse comes to you. You don’t have to “catch” him.
• His ground manners are great. He is willing, cooperative, calm, more confident, compliant, friendly and adaptable.
• He is easy to control. You don’t have to use a bigger bit to force him to stop or slow down.
• He is willing to move forward.
• He stands quietly for saddling and willingly picks up his feet for cleaning.
• His attitude toward you is positive and responsive rather than negative, moody or resistant.
• Create a more athletic, willing partner.
• Learn how using ground skills can put you in the role of an effective leader for your horse.
• Start the process of understanding mental and emotional aspects of your horse and how it affects the physical.
• You can teach your horse to do new things because you understand how to communicate with him.
Camping and board available for out of town guests for additional cost. To secure your spot and pricing level a 50% non-refundable deposit of $325 and a completed Horse Ranch registration form can be submitted to PembertonHorsemanship@hotmail.com with the remainder of the funds due by June 15th. Registration forms can be downloaded from Facebook Group (Glenn Stewart Clinics in Pemberton, BC) under the More tab/ Files or email PembertonHorsemanship@hotmail.com for your copy.