Speaker Series: Tax – What small and medium business owners need to know – NOW!
It is a new year and with the recently announced new tax rules, we invite you to join us and learn how income splitting works and how business owners may continue to benefit from these strategies to get the most out of their business now and when they sell or retire. There may be decisions you can make in 2018 that can reduce your tax bill for 2018 and years to come but you have to act soon! You have until the end of February to make decisions that could reduce your 2017 taxes.
In this course, we will cover:
• Integration and the most effective way to compensate the owner/managers of the business (salary, bonus, dividends)
• How income splitting works (compensating family members) and how it can benefit you, your family and your business
• The new rules and how they impact ownership, employment, and other business requirements. What you need to do to qualify under these new rules and when
• Should businesses buy investments, real estate, or save for retirement in their corporations, and can you split that income?
• When is the best time to incorporate a business and who should own the shares
• Other tax tips to help you save tax or manage your cash flow
Three Key Takeaways:
• Understand the different ways you can compensate yourself in a corporation and the most effective approach for your business and your tax bill
• Determine if income splitting is a good strategy for your business and what you need to do in 2018 to secure the option to do so now and in the future
• Understand if you should make investments or save for retirement in your corporation